Safety rest area map
Safety rest areas and travel information centers
TxDOT is continuing to update the state's safety rest areas to provide more services and a safer experience for Texas travelers.
New rest area facilities are being constructed throughout the state incorporating these new features:
- Air-conditioned and heated restrooms, as well as an assisted-use restroom.
- Larger parking areas with separated areas for cars and commercial trucks.
- Wireless Internet.
- Information areas including exhibits highlighting local interests.
- Office space for law-enforcement personnel.
- Enhanced security, including surveillance cameras.
- Tornado shelters.
- Walking and interpretive trails.
- Play areas for kids.
Visitor length of stay: up to 24 hours under Texas Transportation Code 545.411