Knox County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Knox County northbound
- IH 35 - Northbound, approximately 8 miles south of Cotulla.
- Latitude/longitude: 28.3196, -99.2745
- Mile marker: 59
- Two sets of men's and women's restrooms.
- Interpretive displays.
- Air-conditioned lobby and restrooms.
- Picnic tables.
- Drinking water.
- Family/assisted restroom.
- Separate truck and passenger parking.
- Group picnic facility.
- Vending machines.
- Handicap access.
- Reconstructed facility opened in May 2021. The new building’s stratified, layered concrete wall feature is an architectural continuation of the colorful layered earth that can be observed in the canyon behind the facility.
- The county was named for Henry Knox, the secretary of war in George Washington’s first cabinet.
- Several small reservoirs near Benjamin provide recreational opportunities.