El Paso County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
El Paso County eastbound
- IH10 - Eastbound, east of Fabens.
- Latitude/longitude: 31.5089 -106.1232
- Mile marker: 50
El Paso County westbound
- IH 10 - Westbound, east of Fabens.
- Latitude/longitude: 31.5021, -106.1138
- Mile marker: 51
- Drinking water.
- Men's and women's restrooms.
- Handicap access.
- Picnic tables.
- The name El Paso appeared in print as early as 1610, in the narrative of Gaspar Pérez de Villagrá, poet-historian of the Oñate expedition of 1598.
- The nearby town of Fabens was named for George Fabens, an officer with the Southern Pacific Railroad.