Wise County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Wise County northbound
- US 287 - Northbound, 2 miles north of Decatur.
- Latitude/longitude: 33.284, -97.6316
- Drinking water.
- Men's and women's restrooms.
- Handicap access.
- Picnic tables.
- Wise County was named in honor of Henry A. Wise, a United States Congressman from Virginia, who, during the 1840s, supported the annexation of Texas.
- Lake Bridgeport / Wise Co. Park located 4 miles west of Bridgeport off US 380, offers swimming, year-round fishing, campsites, picnic areas, boat rentals and ramps.