Texas Travel Information Center at Gainesville
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- IH 35 - Southbound (4901 N. I-35, Gainesville, TX 76240)
- Latitude/longitude: 33.7259, -97.1613
- Mile marker: 502
- 'Welcome to Texas' photo area.
- Two sets of men's and women's restrooms.
- Picnic tables.
- Air-conditioned lobby and restrooms.
- Professional travel counselor.
- Diaper changing stations.
- Security surveillance.
- Drinking water.
- Separate truck and passenger parking.
- Family/assisted restroom.
- Vending machines.
- Group picnic facility.
- Video theater.
- Handicap access.
- Weather information.
- Interpretive displays.
- Wireless internet access.
- Travelers may also call 1-800-452-9292 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily for travel information, professional trip planning assistance and road condition information. Automated road conditions 24 hours a day.
- Clean restrooms available 24 hours a day.
- Picnic tables are covered.
- Certified professional counselors provide professional assistance with routings, current information on points of interest, events and road conditions in the state. Also provided are free maps and a variety of free statewide and local travel literature.
- Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT seven days a week - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Closed only on Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, the day before Christmas, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Located in the "Prairies and Lakes" region of Texas. Visit our Texas Highways Magazine to find out interesting places and events happening in this region.