Haskell County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Haskell County northbound
- US 277 - Southbound, south of Haskell.
- Latitude/longitude: 33.0262, -99.7795
- Drinking water.
- Men's and women's restrooms.
- Handicap access.
- Picnic tables.
- The county was named for Charles R. Haskell, who was killed in the Goliad Massacre prior to the Texas Revolution.
- Haskell hosts the Frontier Days Celebration and Rodeo in May, and the town also maintains the Haskell County Railroad Museum.