Live Oak County Safety Rest Area
Texas safety rest areas feature many benefits for travelers in Texas.
Our 76 safety rest areas feature 24-hour restrooms. Most locations have attendants on duty 24 hours a day. Other locations have attendants on duty from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Live Oak County northbound
- IH 37 - Northbound, north of Three Rivers.
- Latitude/longitude: 28.8995, -98.217
- Mile marker: 78
Live Oak County southbound
- IH 37 - Southbound, north of Three Rivers
- Latitude/longitude: 28.6541, -98.2463
- Mile marker: 82
- Air-conditioned lobby and restrooms.
- Men's and women's restrooms.
- Drinking water.
- Picnic tables.
- Handicap access.
- Vending machines.
- The facility underwent major renovations in 2001 that added an enclosed, air-conditioned lobby and restroom amenities upgrades.
- Before the area was settled and overgrazed in the 19th century, grasslands punctuated by clumps of mesquite and live oak trees covered much of what is now Live Oak County.
- George W. West, a wealthy county rancher and businessman, began an ambitious development in central Live Oak County in 1910 and developed the nearby town West.