Project development process
Activities included in the construction phase include:
- Execution of the construction contract.
- Conducting project coordination and pre-construction meetings.
- The local government issuing the Notice to Proceed (NTP) to the contractor.
- Administration of the contract throughout the construction period.
- Final inspection and acceptance of the completed project.
The construction phase also involves the administration of the Advance Funding Agreement between the local government and TxDOT as well as the implementation of the executed contract between the construction contractor and the local government.
The local government should have an established system to maintain and organize project records. Early organization of project documents and files will ensure that an audit by TxDOT or the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) during or at the close of the project will proceed smoothly. Proper record keeping also aids in the administration of the project during construction by documenting compliance with local, state and federal procedures, and policies.
- Forms and publications
- Use the side navigation to access additional pages in the toolkit.