Traffic Safety Division
The Traffic Safety Division oversees the design and placement of signs, signals, pavement markings, lighting and intelligent transportation systems. It also develops traffic safety initiatives aimed at reducing fatalities and serious injuries from motor vehicle crashes.
In addition, the division is responsible for the collection and analysis of crash data used to plan highway safety and educational programs to promote safe driving practices, and oversees driver safety programs and campaigns geared toward teen drivers, child safety, sober driving, hurricane evacuation and many other issues.
- Driver Resources
- Non-Radioactive Hazardous Materials Routes
- Highway Safety Engineering
- Solutions for Saving Lives on Texas Roads (Texas Traffic Safety Task Force)
- Texas Connected Freight Corridors
- Transportation Systems Management & Operations (TSMO)
- Smart Work Zones
Crash Data and Records