The Human Resources Division promotes employee diversity and inclusion programs within TxDOT's operations, and administers TxDOT's recruitment, employee services, training, career development and performance review programs.
TxDOT's EEO Program sets forth results-oriented policies and commitments of good faith efforts to attain fairness and equity in the administration of all TxDOT’s employment practices such as recruitment, hiring, pay, benefits, job assignments, leave, promotions, training and separations. The program promotes the creation of a diverse workforce and an inclusive, open work environment free of discrimination or harassment.
TxDOT is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, disability, military status or age. Applicants for employment, vendors, contractors and their employees, customers, and the public are also recipients of this same commitment.
Affirmative Action Plan
An Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) is an integral part of an EEO Program. It details positive steps to overcome the effects of past or present barriers to assure that the TxDOT workforce is reflective of the available labor market of the communities served. The purpose of the plan is the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of TxDOT’s EEO program.
The plan’s goals, objectives and guidelines include:
- Achieving workforce parity with available labor force within the state
- Achieving and maintaining equity in employment and training opportunities for employees
- Equitable selection process for promotions and performance evaluation
- Participating in departmental educational assistance programs
- Resolving employee problems and complaints
- Making reasonable employment accommodations in the event of injury or disability
For more information concerning the Department’s Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Section.
Discrimination and Harassment Policy
It is the policy of TxDOT that all employees are entitled to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, disability, military status, or age.
Examples of unacceptable behavior under this policy include (but are not limited to):
- Discrimination in any employment practice (including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, work assignments, terminations, compensation, benefits and training)
- Offensive references to race, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or other protected class
- Exhibition of offensive pictures, diagrams and cartoons
- Subjecting another employee to unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature
For more details on how to file a discrimination, harassment or retaliation complaint, please refer to the filling instructions below:
For more information about filing a complaint, please contact TxDOT’s Human Resources Ethics and Employee Conduct Section.