Project development process
A non-construction project or program is defined as any transportation-related project or program which does not involve the act or process of building transportation infrastructure. Typical non-construction projects that involve TxDOT and a local government partner include:
- Planning studies.
- Development of a travel demand model.
- Management of a shared ride service.
- Motorist assistance program.
- Transportation corridor analysis.
For these projects, even though no construction is included, local government project personnel are responsible to keep accurate financial records and documentation. TxDOT project personnel have a responsibility to work with their local government counterparts to ensure the adequacy and accuracy of project financial records to demonstrate compliance with applicable federal and state requirements including additional requirements stated in the Advance Funding Agreement.
- Forms and publications
- Use the side navigation to access additional pages in the toolkit.