For more information about the proposal submission process, refer to the University Handbook.
Open Research Request for Proposals
At this time, there are no open requests for proposals.
Research Program Calendar for FY 2023
The program calendar lists key fall and spring monthly activities.
|Sept.3||Problem Statements due|
|Functional Area Committee Meetings|
|Oct. 18||Planning & Environmental|
|Oct. 19||Safety & Operations|
|Oct. 25||Structures & Hydraulics|
||Construction, Maintenance, & Materials|
||Strategy & Innovation|
|Dec.||Research Oversight Committee|
|Jan.||RTI posts Request For Proposals (RFP)|
|March||University proposals are due to RTI|
|May||RTI notifies universities of project awards|
|May||Universities submit project agreements|
|Sept. 1||FY2023 projects begin work|
*Dates are approximate.
How Does a Problem Statement Become a Research Project?
TxDOT reviews submitted problem statements before approving them for research:
- Problem statements are reviewed and prioritized with project recommendations for each functional area.
- Top recommended problem statements across all five functional areas are converted into project statements.
- Project statements are submitted to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the TxDOT Executive Review Board for final approval.
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) for selected project statements are announced.
Functional Area Committees
The Functional Area Committees consist of subject matter experts from TxDOT districts, divisions, and universities. The five committees are as follows:
- Construction, Maintenance, and Materials.
- Planning and Environmental.
- Safety and Operations.
- Structures and Hydraulics.
- Strategy and Innovation.
Contact us by email or through a university liaison for more information.