SH 115 North: SH 128 to SH 349
The SH 115 North project extends from SH 128 to SH 349, spanning approximately 55 miles. Approximately 99 percent of the corridor is located in Andrews and Dawson counties, while the remaining 1% runs through small corners of Gaines and Martin counties. The goal of the project is to improve safety and enhance mobility within the area. The crash rate along this corridor is higher than the statewide average, with a large number of collisions involving semi-trucks.
The current SH 115 roadway is a two-lane undivided highway. The proposed roadway would be a four-lane divided highway with a non-paved depressed median, providing a buffer between opposite lanes of traffic.
The purpose of public involvement is to share project information and updates, present proposed project information, and collect public input. TxDOT is committed to working closely with the public on this project. All input will be considered as TxDOT moves forward in developing a plan to enhance the safety of this corridor while preparing for future growth.
Public Involvement Schedule (subject to change):
- Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2021 - Virtual Public Meeting
- Late 2022 - Begin Schematic Development and Environmental Documentation
- Thursday, March 23, 2023 - Virtual Public Meeting
- Early 2024 - Finalize Schematic Development and Environmental Documentation