US 285 South: I-20 in Pecos to I-10 in Fort Stockton
The US 285 South project runs from I-20 in Pecos to I-10 in Fort Stockton. The goal of this project is to increase the overall safety of the corridor and improve mobility. US 285 is a heavily used corridor for both local and commercial vehicles with 463 recorded crashes on this part of the highway between 2016 to 2020.
The project is proposing to upgrade US 285 from a two-lane undivided highway to a four-lane divided highway with a median.
The purpose of public involvement is to share project information and updates, present proposed project information, and collect public input. TxDOT is committed to working closely with the public on this project. All input will be considered as TxDOT moves forward in developing a plan to enhance the safety of this corridor while preparing for future growth.
Public Involvement Schedule (subject to change):
- Virtual Public Meeting #1 - Wednesday, July 7, 2021
- Begin Schematic Development and Environmental Documentation - Fall 2021
- Virtual Public Meeting #2 - Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022
- Finalize Schematic Development and Environmental Documentation - Summer 2023
- Opportunity for a Public Hearing - Fall 2023
- Approval of Schematic Development and Environmental Documentation (depending on project funding) - Spring 2024
- Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet (Español)