Virtual Public Meeting – SH 115 North from SH 128 to SH 349
Skip to main content
Texas Department of Transportation
Connecting You With Texas
  • Family
  • Jobs
  • Education
  • Opportunities
  • Attractions
  • Entertainment
  • Wide Open Spaces
  • History
  • Quality of Life
  • Sports
  • Parks
  • Shopping
  • Services
  • People
  • Wildflowers
  • BBQ
  • Shores
  • Schools
  • Rodeos
  • Music
  • Tacos
  • Adventure
  • Trails
  • Traditions
  • Safely
  • Sunsets
  • Culture
  • Festivals
  • Friends
  • Life
  • Possibilities
  • Legends

 


Where:

Use the picture link below to be guided through the virtual public meeting room where you view project information and get information on how to comment. The same information is listed below in the Downloads section.

*Click on the image below.

Take the following survey to tell TxDOT anonymously how they are doing on public involvement for this project by Friday, Oct. 15, 2021: Public Involvement Effectiveness Survey.

When:

The virtual public meeting will be available on this web page starting at noon Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2021, and will be available through 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15, 2021.

Purpose:

The purpose of the virtual public meeting is to receive public comments on the proposed improvements for SH 115 from SH 128 to SH 349 in Andrews, Dawson, Gaines and Martin counties, Texas. Written comments must be received or postmarked by 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15, 2021, to be included in the official public meeting record.

The virtual public meeting will consist of a virtual room and will include visual components and an opportunity to comment. Meeting materials will include display boards, exhibits and supporting documents. Following the virtual public meeting, all materials will remain available for viewing on this web page until 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15, 2021. If you do not have internet access, you may call Brock Miller at (512) 605-6878 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to ask questions and access project materials any time during the project development process. Comments may be provided by mail or email as described and on the virtual public meeting website.  

Description:

The proposed improvements for the SH 115 North project would include widening the existing two-lane undivided highway to a four-lane divided highway, with two lanes in each direction and adding a non-paved depressed median to provide a safe separation buffer between opposing directions of traffic. The overall project is approximately 55 miles in length, with 21 miles west of the city of Andrews and 34 miles east of the city of Andrews. Approximately 99% of the corridor is located within Andrews and Dawson counties, while the remaining 1% runs through small corners of Gaines and Martin counties.

How to Make a Comment:

For the virtual public meeting, the public may provide comments in the following ways listed below.

Comments must be received or postmarked by Friday, Oct. 15, 2021, to be included in the official public meeting record. TxDOT will provide written responses to individual comments in a timely manner following the virtual public meeting. The virtual public meeting summary report will be available online on this website once it has been prepared. 

Special Accommodations:

The virtual public meeting will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the virtual public meeting, please contact Randall Dillard at (512) 658-2328 no later than 4 p.m. CST, Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for the TxDOT to arrange.

Memorandum of Understanding:

The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23. U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.

Contact:

TxDOT Odessa District
3901 E. Highway 80
Odessa, TX 79761
(432) 332-0501
Email

Posted: Sept. 10, 2021

 

Copyright 2021  •  Texas Department of Transportation  •  All Rights Reserved  •  Disclaimer  •  Privacy & Security Policy  •  Accessibility
125 East 11th Street  •  Austin, Texas 78701