US 285 North: New Mexico state line to Business Interstate 20 (BI-20) in Pecos
TxDOT is proposing improvements to US 285 North from the New Mexico state line to Business Interstate 20 in Pecos, Texas. The project is approximately 52 miles long and passes through Culberson and Reeves counties.
The project's goals are to improve safety and enhance mobility on and near US 285 North. Between 2010 and 2020, traffic along this roadway increased by 500%; and more than 750 crashes were recorded between 2016 and 2020.
The proposed project would include:
- Widening to a four-lane divided highway with two lanes in each direction, as well as both inside and outside shoulders
- A wide center median and/or barrier
- Providing median openings as needed. Median openings would include left turn/deceleration lanes
Project Location Map
The purpose of public involvement is to share project information and updates, present proposed project information, and collect public input. TxDOT is committed to working closely with the public on this project. All input will be considered as TxDOT moves forward in developing a plan to enhance the safety of this corridor while preparing for future growth.
Public Involvement Schedule (subject to change):
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - Virtual Public Meeting
- Spring 2022 – Public Meeting #2
- Fall 2024 – Anticipated Environmental Clearance and Opportunity for Public Hearing
Odessa District Office
3901 E. Highway 80
Odessa, TX 79761