State law, requires county officials to provide TxDOT an engineering analysis when a county's road or bridge load zone limits change. This analysis must be signed by a professional engineer.
The following links provide more information about county road load zone changes and analysis procedures.
- Introduction to Load Zoning
- Bridge Weight Restrictions (English / Español)
- County Road Load Zone Procedure - Counties may use this procedure to analyze a roadway to determine the allowable load limit. Page 5 includes a link to the Natural Resource Conservation Service Web site, which provides online maps for determining soil series.
- Texas Administrative Code 25.2 Subchapter A General Rule §25.2 - Establishes the information required in the road load zone analysis.
- Texas Triaxial Classes - A spreadsheet listing triaxial classes for approximately 700 Texas soil series. The soil series information is used in conjunction with the county road load zone procedure.