Beyond The Road Campaign
Campaigns and outreach
The Beyond the Road campaign tells the story of TxDOT's environmental responsibilities. Every day, teams of archeologists, historians and environmental scientists work with engineers to plan around the state’s natural, historical and community resources before building roads and bridges.
Get the latest news by subscribing to this page.
New: Resources for educators. Receive teacher guides, PowerPoints, and student activities from Beyond The Road.
See roadside history come to life through these map-based stories.
- Texas History Destinations Worth the Trip
- Monarch Highways to Historic Sidewalks: 2020 Environmental Highlights
- The Story Behind Texas Bridges
- Bats and Bridges
- Stories from Beyond the Road in 2019
- Archeologists Dig 1,000-year-old Site, One Shovel at a Time
- Field of Dreams - Revisiting Segregation in Austin through a Hike and Bike Project
- Icons of a Century – The Story of Texas’ Historic Gas Stations
- Beyond The Road: Stories of Environmental Excellence
- Lancaster Hill: A Corridor to the West
TxDOT Roadside Chat
- 2020 Environmental Achievement Awards
- Perpetuating Pollinators
- Texas Bats and Bridges: A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
- A Look at TxDOT's top Environmental Achievements from 2019
- TxDOT Digs up 1,000-year-old Site. What Happens to All Those Artifacts?
- Ancient Artifacts: Where are they now?
- 2021 Environmental Achievement Awards
- The Once Wild West: Bolivar Archeological Project
Connect with Beyond the Road
Download free publications for kids, invite Beyond the Road to your next event or dig deeper with TxDOT's archeology program. Learn more about how to get involved with Beyond the Road.