Border Trade Advisory Committee
The Border Trade Advisory Committee provides a forum for the exchange of communications between the Texas Transportation Commission, TxDOT, the governor and committee members representing border trade interests.
The BTAC was created in 2001 by the 77th Texas Legislature to define and develop a strategy and make recommendations to the commission and the governor for addressing the highest priority border trade transportation challenges. The BTAC recommendations are included in border reports that are presented to the presiding officers of the State House and State Senate.
- Ensure the participation of port-of-entry stakeholders in TxDOT's Transportation Processes.
- Ensure that the Texas-Mexico Border transportation needs are addressed in TxDOT's transportation planning.
- Provide input into the development of the Border Strategic Transportation Initiatives Plan.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive Texas Border Transportation Master Plan.
- Advise TxDOT on trade issues, priorities and projects and funding needs for freight improvements to support the state's economic vitality and global competitiveness.
8:30 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
TxDOT Greer Bldg.
|Binational Regional Steering Committee Meetings|
El Paso/Santa Teresa/Chihuahua Region
Laredo/Coahuila/Nuevo León/Tamaulipas Region
Rio Grande Valley/Tamaulipas Region