Port Authority Advisory Committee
Established under Chapter 55, Texas Transportation Code, the Port Authority Advisory Committee is a nine-member body that provides a forum for the exchange of information between the commission, TxDOT, and representatives of the port industry in Texas. PAAC’s advice and recommendations provide the commission and TxDOT with a broad perspective regarding ports and maritime transportation-related matters to be considered in formulating TxDOT policies concerning the Texas port system.
The Transportation Commission appoints seven members of the committee to staggered, three-year terms. The commission appoints one member representing Port Houston, three members from ports on the upper Texas coast and three members from ports on the lower Texas coast. The lieutenant governor and the speaker of the house each appoint an additional member, bringing the total committee membership to nine.
PAAC is required to develop a biennial port mission plan for Texas’ maritime ports, which is submitted to the governor, lieutenant governor, speaker of the house and the commission by December 1 of even-numbered years. The mission plan defines the goals and objectives of the committee and includes recommendations for the construction or development of transportation facilities connecting any maritime port to other transportation modes.
Future meeting dates
Standing PAAC meetings are schedule to be held quarterly on the second Tuesday of the month. Additional meetings may be held as needed. Meetings scheduled for 2022 include:
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022 - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Corpus Christi
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022 - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Brownsville
PAAC meeting minutes
- Chairwoman Phyllis Saathoff, Port Freeport, Upper Coast
- Vice Chairman Chris Fisher, Port of Beaumont, Upper Coast
- Michael Plank, Lieutenant Governor Appointee
- Allan Ritter, Speaker of the House Appointee
- Roger Guenther, Port Houston, Permanent Member
- Rodger Rees, Port of Galveston, Upper Coast
- Ronald Mills, Port Mansfield, Lower Coast
- Sean Strawbridge, Port of Corpus Christi, Lower Coast
- Sean Stibich, Port of Victoria, Lower Coast