Texas helmet requirements and exemptions
- You must wear a helmet if you are under 21.
- You should always wear a helmet for safety, but you may ride without one if you are over 21 and meet an eligible helmet exemption.
How to ride more safely
- Wear a helmet and other protective gear.
- Turn on your headlights and ride defensively.
- Avoid the center of the lane where debris and oil build up.
- Follow speed limits and ride at a safe speed.
- Take a motorcycle safety course.
Where can I find more information?