Beyond The Road
The Beyond the Road campaign tells the story of TxDOT's environmental responsibilities. Every day, teams of archeologists, historians and environmental scientists work with engineers to plan around the state’s natural, historical and community resources before building roads and bridges.
Get the latest news by subscribing to this page.
TxDOT Roadside Chat Podcasts and Webinars
See roadside history come to life through these map-based stories.
- Texas History Destinations Worth the Trip
- Monarch Highways to Historic Sidewalks: 2020 Environmental Highlights
- The Story Behind Texas Bridges
- Bats and Bridges
- Stories from Beyond the Road in 2019
- Archeologists Dig 1,000-year-old Site, One Shovel at a Time
- Field of Dreams - Revisiting Segregation in Austin through a Hike and Bike Project
- Icons of a Century – The Story of Texas’ Historic Gas Stations
- Beyond The Road: Stories of Environmental Excellence