State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) application process
State Infrastructure Bank (SIB) - Transportation Loan Program
Status: We are currently accepting applications.
Below are the types of SIB loan applications that we accept. Please fill out all items in the SIB loan application. If you have questions about anything on the application, please call 512-463-9958 or email Texas SIB.
- SIB loan application (fillable)
- SIB loan application (non-fillable)
- SIB loan application instructions
Additional application documents can be found on the General Information page.
First-come, first-served application
A SIB loan application under $10 million for work necessary for a TxDOT project is exempt from the program call, and each application will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. One Commission approval will be required after final loan terms are negotiated.
Program call application
A SIB loan application for a non-TxDOT project or SIB loan over $10 million will be prioritized against other applications in a Program Call, if funds in the program are limited. Two Commission approvals may be required:
- Prioritization and preliminary approval of complete applications
- Final approval of loan terms after negotiations are completed
For a list of prioritization considerations, please see §6.32(c)(1) of the SIB Rules.
- Status: Open
- Application deadline: Last Monday of every month. Applications can be submitted at any time prior.
- Available funds: $50 million
Interest rate information
The SIB uses the Municipal Market Index (MMD) to set interest rates. This index is updated weekly.
- Rates are set at the time we receive a completed application.
- The rate will be reset if the loan does not go before the Texas Transportation Commission within 12 months.
- Rate is determined based on the current credit rating of the borrower and the term of the loan
- Ex. Higher rating = lower rate; Shorter term = lower rate.
- Credit rating not required to borrow.
- Fixed rate for the life of the loan.
Please contact us to inquire about current rates.
Current interest rate discounts
Economically Disadvantaged County Program (EDC)
- Current list
- Available to any entity residing in an economically disadvantaged county.
- Rate reduced in basis points based on the adjustment percentage listed. See the example below.
*Calculated rate is provided as an example. Actual rate will vary based on the terms of the loan.
More information on the economically disadvantaged county program can be found here.
|Limitations on available SIB funds||Current limit|
|Per project||$54 million|
|Per borrower||$109 million|
|Total of all loans paid with project revenues||$274 million|