Civil Rights programs
ConnectU2Jobs (CU2J) is a Highway Construction Workforce Partnership pilot program created to fill a need for a skilled highway construction workforce. The current focus of CU2J is to connect justice-involved young adults to job training, life skills coaching, and job placement. Participants also receive family supportive services such as health services, access to food pantries, and referrals for community-based childcare. To ensure success, CU2J includes a variety of partners, such as community organizations, education agencies, and industry employers.
CU2J is the first step in creating a sustainable pipeline of skilled workforce for the transportation industry which is critical to maintain safe roads in Texas.
- At least 18 years old.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid Social Security card.
- Holds a valid Texas Driver's License or have the ability to obtain one.
- Able to pass a drug test.
- An opportunity youth.
- Not a current college student enrolled in courses.
- 12 weeks of classroom and on-the-job training.
- Six months of full-time earn-and-learn training with your employer partner.
If you are interested in signing up for an upcoming session and you meet the criteria above, please submit an interest form.
|05/30/23 – 08/22/23||Dallas||Heavy Equipment Operator/Loader||05/16/23|
|08/07/23 – 11/10/23||Dallas||Heavy Equipment Operator/Loader||07/24/23|
|09/18/23 – 12/15/23||Dallas||Heavy Equipment Operator/Loader||09/04/23|
*Cohort start and end dates are subject to change.
Community and employer partners
- Associated General Contractors of Texas
- City of Lancaster
- Dallas College
- Federal Highway Administration
- First Step Community Empowerment
- JJG Development
- Lone Star Justice Alliance
- Regional Black Contractors Association
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas
- Archer Western
- Austin Bridge & Road
- Azteca-Omega Group
- Balfour Beatty
- Granite Construction
- Lone Star Constructors
- North Tarrant Infrastructure, LLC
- Reyes Group
- Sundt Construction
- Zachry Group