US 181 Harbor Bridge Replacement
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is working on a long-term plan to potentially replace the Harbor Bridge/US 181 between the Nueces Bay Causeway and State Highway 286 (Crosstown Expressway).
The proposed improvements both to US 181/SH 286 and Harbor Bridge will address structural deficiencies and navigational restrictions of the current bridge, and improve safety, connectivity, and level of service in the study area. The purpose of the project is to correct these established needs and to promote, enhance and spur economic development in the area.
- New Harbor Bridge project marks another milestone - June 16, 2023
- Harbor Bridge Project Update - April 6, 2023
- Harbor Bridge Project Update - March 7, 2023
- Work resumes on new Harbor Bridge structure - Dec. 14, 2022
- Habor Bridge Project Update - Oct. 6, 2022
- Significant Conversations Underway with ACS Group - Sept. 1, 2022
- Notice of Default Issued to Harbor Bridge Developer - Aug. 16, 2022
- Harbor Bridge Project Update - Aug. 4, 2022