Texas Transportation Plan 2040
Texas Transportation Plan
The Texas Transportation Commission adopted the Texas Transportation Plan (TTP) 2040 on Feb. 26, 2015 to serve as TxDOT’s long-range, performance-based transportation plan. The TTP addresses the statewide planning requirements under the current federal surface transportation act – Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21), and Title 43, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 16.
The TTP 2040 guides planning and programming decisions for the development, management, and operation of the statewide, multimodal transportation system in Texas over the next 25 years.
The TTP includes:
- An infrastructure inventory, such as highways and bridges, and their usage;
- A future infrastructure inventory and service needs;
- A future funding projection;
- A funding sources description and an analysis of alternative and innovative sources to address funding shortfalls; and
- Performance goals, measures, and targets.
The TTP 2040 was developed through a collaborative process of metropolitan planning organizations and communities, as well as city, county, transit, stakeholder and private company officials.