TxDOT's Flight Services provides low-cost travel to state officials, employees or sponsored contractors traveling on official state business. The Aviation Division operates and maintains the fleet, which is based at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Why Use Flight Services?
- Reduces cost - rates lower than most commercial flights and same-day return flights means fewer overnight stays
- Reduces travel time - there are no check-ins or baggage claims and all flights are non-stop
- Accommodates flexible schedules - flights may be scheduled any time of any day, with as little as 30 minutes' notice
- Provides easier travel - all flights are more private than commercial routes, allowing for in-flight work or meetings
- Reduce loss of productivity by reducing travel times
- 24/7 operations and access to scheduling
How to Schedule a Flight
- To schedule a trip, please email Flight Services or call (512) 936-8900.
- Aircraft will be assigned based on need and availability, unless a specific plane is requested.
- A cost estimate will be provided prior to the flight being scheduled. The requesting agency is responsible for determining if the flight is cost-effective and meets state statutes for the use of state aircraft. Agencies are billed at the end of each month.
- Prior to the flight, each passenger will be presented, and must sign, an affidavit stating that the person is traveling on official state business. On filing the affidavit, the person will be authorized to use state-owned aircraft for a period of one year. A member of the legislature is not required to receive any other additional authorization to use state-owned aircraft.
- Prior to the flight, the administrative head of the requesting agency, or their designee, must certify that the employee's transportation on state-owned aircraft complies with all applicable state laws, regulations, and rules.
If your travel schedule is flexible, sharing a flight with others will stretch your travel budget. By purchasing empty seats on a TxDOT flight, your agency or organization can save up to 90 percent on the cost of a flight. All flights originate from Austin.
If you would like to reserve an available seat, contact our Flight Scheduler at (512) 936-8900. More information is available through our Flight Services office.