Aircraft travel for official state business
Flight Services uses the Embraer EMB-500 for passenger service.
- A cruising speed of 416 mph. Most airports in Texas can be reached in less than one hour.
- A range of 1,400 miles.
- Can seat 6 passengers.
- Operates in all weather conditions.
Special purpose airplanes
Flight Services also operates two single-engine aircraft, a Cessna 182 and a Cessna 206. These are special purpose aircraft normally used for aerial photography or surveillance. They are not used for passenger services. Contact Flight Services for further details.
- A cruising speed of 150 mph.
- A range of 300 miles.
- Can seat up to three passengers.
- Only operated during daylight hours, in clear or high cloud conditions.
|Model||Maximum capacity with one pilot|
|1980 Cessna 182Q Single Engine N148TX*||3|
|1979 Cessna TU206 Single Engine N147TX**||3|
* Both planes are operated only during daylight hours in fair weather conditions.
** The Cessna TU206 has a removable floor plate for installation of a camera or other specialized equipment.