Crash records forms for law enforcement
Crash Reporting and Analysis for Safer Highways system (CRASH) is a free, secure Internet application for law enforcement agencies to process Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3) electronically. It is a component of the Crash Records Information System (CRIS).
The CRASH system includes the following features:
- Ability to enter crash data over any Internet connection.
- Process supplement reports easily.
- Integrated diagramming tool.
- Auto population of fields.
- Touch-screen capability for Toughbooks.
- Use of intersection templates.
- Embedded help.
CRASH training will be scheduled as part of the set-up process for each agency.
If your agency has already received training, but would like to receive additional training, please email the CRIS Help Desk or call 844-CRIS-HLP (844-274-7457).
The steps for an agency's enrollment are as follows:
- Agency contacts TxDOT regarding CRASH.
- Agencies must complete and return a CRASH training checklist to become an active internal identity provider (IdP). The IDP allows agencies to remotely access a TxDOT server dedicated to their specific agency after proper authentication. This eliminates the agency’s need to provide server space and/or full time IT support.
- Once the CRASH training checklist has completed the TxDOT internal review, the agency will be contacted to schedule training.
- CRASH/Configure agency training is completed and the agency will be able to start utilizing CRASH immediately.
- Configure training – refers to the initial setup of the agency. This usually involves IT and administrative management for the agency.
- CRASH training – refers to the training of all anticipated users to familiarize them with the functions of the CRASH system as well as how to utilize the system with hands-on completion of practical exercises.
TxDOT Traffic Safety Division
CRIS Help Desk
Phone: 844-CRIS-HLP (844-274-7457)