Accelerated construction - district workshops
Bridge design, construction, maintenance, inspection, and management
Identifying, understanding and using effective project-specific accelerated construction strategies will improve project completion and positively impact business and traffic flow in significant ways.
Accelerated Construction: A Path Forward will serve as a “road map” for moving the Accelerated Construction initiative forward in Texas. This pathway will be the basis on which TxDOT will identify initiatives and alternatives available to the districts in making decisions about project acceleration and evaluating the time-saving and associated costs realized on projects.
The Accelerated Construction Guidelines provide information and guidance on the use of accelerated construction strategies to expedite project plan delivery and construction completion.
Accelerated Construction Economic Screening Tools are designed for project analysis.
Preliminary economic screening tool
- Used during the project scoping and planning phase of project development and delivery.
- Aids in preliminarily recognizing projects that are candidates for accelerated construction.
Project level economic screening tool
- Aids in calculating the economic benefit associated with accelerated construction.
2017 district workshops
In 2017, TxDOT and the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Texas co-hosted a series of district workshops on accelerated construction in order to:
- Provide the economic and societal cases for accelerated construction.
- Highlight accelerated construction at the district level.
- Identify tools, strategies and practices to implement accelerated construction.
|06/13/17||Irving||Dallas-Fort Worth-Waco Meeting|
|08/01/17||San Marcos||Austin-San Antonio Meeting|
|11/07/17||Abilene||Abilene-Brownwood-Odessa-San Angelo-Wichita Falls Meeting|
|11/08/17||Lubbock||Amarillo-Childress-El Paso-Lubbock Meeting|
|12/07/17||Corpus Christi||Corpus Christi-Laredo-Pharr Meeting|