US 79 from I-35 to east of FM 1460
TxDOT's Austin district is proposing improvements to the US 79 Project, from I-35 to east of FM 1460 (A.W. Grimes) in the city of Round Rock, Williamson County, Texas.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety and mobility and accommodate future population growth and land use development in the area. The proposed project includes the following improvements
- Widening the existing US 79 roadway to add a third travel lane in each direction
- Installing a raised median for safety
- Constructing an underpass at the intersection of US 79 and Mays Street, an overpass at the intersection of US 79 and FM 1460 and altering the US 79/I-35 intersection
- Modifying driveways and access points to improve safety and traffic flow
- Installing shared-use paths on both sides of US 79 to provide improved pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
The purpose of the open houses and public hearings is to share project information and updates, present proposed schematics of the proposed project and alternatives, and collect input from the community. TxDOT is committed to working closely with the community on this project. All input will be considered as TxDOT moves forward in developing a plan that will enhance the safety of this corridor while preparing for future growth.
- Open House - Aug. 23, 2018
- Open House - Sept. 28, 2017
- Virtual Public Hearing - Dec. 4, 2020
- Notice of Availability for Final EA and FONSI - Aug. 4, 2022