FM 812 from US 183 to SH 21
TxDOT is proposing improvements to FM 812 from US 183 in Travis County to SH 21 in Bastrop County, Texas, and a portion of FM 973 from north of McAngus Road to south of FM 812.
The existing FM 812 roadway does not provide a direct, continuous, and efficient movement of traffic between US 183 and SH 21, resulting in reduced mobility. Increasing population and developments have led to increased traffic and the existing roadway does not adequately accommodate projected traffic volumes.
The proposed project would provide a direct route between US 183 and SH 21 and add capacity by:
- Expanding from a two-lane undivided roadway to a four-lane divided roadway.
- Relocating a 1.5-mile section of FM 812, between US 183 and FM 973, so that it ties to the William Cannon Drive intersection at US 183, eliminating the existing FM 812 S-curve.
- Adding a new shared-use path and sidewalks.
- Constructing open ditches, cross-culverts, and storm sewer systems.
- Upgrading four bridges along FM 812 and one bridge along FM 973.
TxDOT’s schematic design and environmental study is expected to be complete in fall 2024. The public hearing is planned for late 2023/early 2024. After environmental clearance, the project will go through detailed design, right-of-way and utility assessment phases, prior to construction.
The project is not currently funded, and the project could be implemented in phases depending on the availability of funding.