Distribution of State Produced Travel Literature
In June 1994, we began operating a distribution program for state-produced literature designed specifically for Texas cities with visitor centers. The purpose of the program is to make state-produced travel literature available to travelers who are unable to visit one of our 12 Texas Travel Information Centers. In order to participate in the program, the following policy has been established:
The city agrees to:
- control distribution until a determination is made that the primary use for the literature will be to promote or assist Texas travel (examples of literature being used for non-travel reasons include, but are not limited to, classroom teaching or public relations materials, conventions and meetings handouts or relocation packets),
- limit distribution to one copy of state-produced literature per party,
- provide the literature for free,
- reorder the literature as required,
- provide the state with a quarterly report tabulating the city visitor center's visitation totals based on a calendar year,
- operate the city visitor center on a set schedule, and
- notify the state if the operating hours or days of the city visitor center change.
The State of Texas agrees to:
- ship travel literature to the address furnished by the city,
- ship the literature in case lots or quantities deemed economically appropriate by the state, subject to availability of inventory, and
- pay the cost of shipping literature to the city.
By TxDOT having each visitor center's hours of operation, we can provide better customer service. Travel counselors are available at (800) 452-9292 to refer callers to a city visitor center for travel literature when time constraints require a rapid response or when someone is inquiring from the local area.
To request that state-produced travel literature be displayed in your city visitor center, use the State-Produced Literature Distribution Request Form.