Utility Accommodations Toolkit
The Utility Accommodations Toolkit provides applicable federal and state laws as well as policies and procedures for carrying out utility accommodations activities on transportation projects. These tools assist with assuring compliance with subject laws and policies to ensure that impacted utility owners receive full reimbursement of eligible project costs.
Joint Trenching Opportunities
If you are a broadband or telecommunications provider and looking for joint trenching opportunities, please visit our joint trench application to identify possible opportunities. Please reach out to the appropriate district contact to identify potential joint trenching opportunities.
- UIR System (Utility Installation Review)
- Texas 811
- Texas Railroad Commission Public GIS Viewer
- Texas Public Utility Commission Water & Sewer CCN Viewer
State Codes and Regulations
- Texas Transportation Code Title 6, Subtitle A, Chapter 203, Subchapter E– Relocation of Utility Facilities
- Texas Transportation Code Title 6, Subtitle B, Chapter 223, Subchapter A, Section 223.045 - Iron and Steel Preference Provisions in Improvement Contracts
- 43 TAC Part 1, Chapter 21, Subchapter B – Utility Adjustment, Relocation, or Removal
- 43 TAC Part 1, Chapter 21, Subchapter C – Utility Accommodation Rules
- 43 TAC Part 1, Chapter 21, Subchapter O – Utility Accommodation for Rail Facilities