Announcement to firms
Precertification definition and authority
A firm must be precertified prior to being awarded a professional services contract with TxDOT. Firms must apply for precertification. The precertification process is outlined in the Texas Administrative Code (TAC).
TxDOT precertifies individuals based on qualifications and prior work experience. An employee demonstrates qualifications by providing information such as licensure, certifications, training, and education. An employee demonstrates experience by describing the work done on past projects. Precertification is granted or denied based on this information. Precertification extends to the individual's firm.
Obtain access to CCIS
Precertification application is completed through the Consultant Certification Information System (CCIS), accessed through Salesforce. To gain access to CCIS, click on the CCIS button on this page and then click on the "New User" link on the login page to access and submit a self-registration request.
Prepare your application
Before entering an application in CCIS, use the following resources to help gather information and prepare your application:
- Precertification application form
- Work categories list
- Personal certifications list
- Guidance for entering personal certifications
- Firm equipment list
Resources for using CCIS
Refer to the following resources for guidance and instructions for using CCIS:
- CCIS presentation for vendors (Fireside Chat - February 2024)
- CCIS job aid for vendors (coming soon)
Maintain precertification status
- Update your precertification information any time your firm or employer's information changes.
- Submit for annual renewal between Jan. 1 and March 31 of each year for your firm.
Recommended next steps
- Become administratively qualified by an audit or self-certification.