TxDOTCONNECT access for consultants and external partners
Note: This guidance is for engineering consultants, Federal Highways Administration, and metropolitan organizations who only access TxDOTCONNECT from outside the TxDOT network and are identified by a –O user ID. External users and staff augmentation who access TxDOTCONNECT and additional applications are identified by a –C user ID should continue managing access with their sponsoring district or division.
To access TxDOTCONNECT, external partners should take the following steps:
- Complete and sign Form P-ITD-ISO-025-1 (security form) and Form 1980 (Request for external access), available on the resources page in TxDOT.gov.
- Send the signed forms to your vendor point of contact (POC).
- The vendor POC at your company/organization will email the forms to TxDOTCONNECT_helpdesk@txdot.gov. This email should include the following information for you:
- Provide external consultant's email and phone number;
- Identify the role(s) to be assigned to the consultant;
- Identify the supporting district(s) to be assigned to the consultant.
- The TxDOTCONNECT help desk will request –O network access and TxDOTCONNECT security role(s) for you.
- You will receive your –O user ID via email and must complete multi-factor authentication.
- Log in to the TxDOTCONNECT System.
To update or disable access to TxDOTCONNECT, external users with a -O user ID should take the following steps:
- The vendor POC or a TxDOT staff member should send an email to TxDOTCONNECT_helpdesk@txdot.gov. This email should contain the following information:
- External user's name, user ID, email and phone number;
- Identify the action to be taken and details: profile update: include details; add/remove security roles: List security role(s); add/remove supporting districts: list district(s); request to disable user in TxDOTCONNECT.
- The TxDOTCONNECT help desk will submit the request.
- External partners will receive confirmation that the request has been completed.
|Point of contact (POC)
|Complete Forms P-ITD-ISO-025-1 (security form) and Form 1980. Forms available on the resources page in TxDOT.gov.
|Review both forms.
|Once credentials are received via email, complete multi-factor authentication.
|Submit both forms and additional requested information to TxDOTCONNECT_helpdesk@txdot.gov.
|Log into TxDOTCONNECT at TxDOTCONNECT.txdot.gov/#/login.*
|* Please note that passwords will need to be reset every 90 days.