An in-state literature distribution program designed especially for Texas cities with visitor centers, the program makes state-produced travel literature available to travelers who are unable to visit one of TxDOT’s 12 Texas Travel Information Centers. To participate in the program, the following policies have been established.
The city agrees to:
- control distribution until a determination is made that the primary use for the travel materials will be to promote or assist travel (examples of non-travel uses include materials used for classroom teaching, public relations, handouts for conventions or in relocation packets);
- limit distribution to one copy of state-produced material per travel party;
- provide the travel literature free of charge;
- reorder travel literature as required;
- provide the state with quarterly reports tabulating the city information center’s visitation totals based on a calendar year;
- operate the city information center on a set schedule; and notify the state if the operating hours or days of the city information center change.
Providing hours of operation for visitor centers helps TxDOT offer better customer service. Travel counselors will refer callers to a city information center for travel literature when time constraints require a rapid response or when someone is inquiring from the local area.
The State of Texas agrees to:
- ship travel literature to the address furnished by the city;
- ship the travel literature in case lots or quantities deemed economically appropriate by the state, subject to availability of inventory; and
- pay the cost of shipping literature to the city.
To determine whether your center qualifies to receive travel literature for distribution, please complete the City Literature Form online. City-operated information centers that qualify will receive a contract to sign up in the Travel Literature Distribution Program and receive a shipment of the Texas State Travel Guide, the Texas Accommodations Guide, the Texas Official Travel Map and the Texas Events Calendar for distribution.
Travel Publications Program Manager
Email Travel Publications