US 77 Victoria
US 77 between US 87 and FM 1685 narrows from four lanes to two lanes in each direction.
TxDOT is proposing constructing two additional lanes to reduce the bottlenecks and congestion caused from the narrowing lanes. The lanes would include bridges over the river and low-lying areas like the current road. The project will enhance safety by providing additional shoulders for disabled vehicles. Proposed improvements include:
- Adding two lanes in each direction between US 87 and FM 1685
- Constructing a second bridge over the Guadalupe River
- Constructing six additional bridges over low-lying, flood-prone areas
- Adding inside shoulders to existing lanes
- Widening outside shoulders on existing lanes
The new bridges and roads between the bridges include two 12-foot lanes, four-foot inside shoulders and 10-foot outside shoulders. This project will not require additional right of way.