I-10 from SH 71 to FM 2761
The TxDOT Yoakum district is proposing to reconstruct and widen the existing I-10 roadway from SH 71 to FM 2761 in Colorado County, Texas.
The existing roadway consists of a four-lane facility with two-lane, two-way frontage roads. The median is a flush grassy median with a cable barrier system.
- Widen from 4 to 6 main lanes
- Proposed lanes would consist of three 12-foot main lanes in each direction with 12-foot outside and inside shoulders
- Convert 2-lane, 2-way frontage roads to 2-lane, 1-way frontage roads
- Replace existing grassy median and cable divider with single slope concrete barrier median divider
- Reconstruct and realign the Colorado River bridge
The proposed project would require approximately 67 acres of additional right-of-way. No displacements are anticipated at this time.
- Perform environmental studies and draft technical reports
- Develop Draft Environmental Assessment