I-10 from US 90 (Alleyton Road South) to FM 2761
The TxDOT Yoakum District is proposing to reconstruct and widen the existing I-10 roadway from US 90 (Alleyton Road South) to FM 2761 in Colorado County, Texas.
The existing roadway consists of a four-lane facility with two-lane, two-way frontage roads. The median is a flush grassy median with a cable barrier system.
- Widen from four to six main lanes
- Proposed lanes would consist of three 12-foot main lanes in each direction with 12-foot outside and inside shoulders
- Convert two-lane, two-way frontage roads to two-lane, one-way frontage roads
- Replace existing grassy median and cable divider with single slope concrete barrier median divider
The proposed project would require approximately 24.97 acres of additional ROW and would potentially result in one residential displacement and two ancillary/outbuilding displacements. No commercial displacements are anticipated.
- Finalize environmental studies – summer 2020
- Notice and opportunity to comment – summer 2020
- Environmental decision – fall 2020
- Begin right-of-way acquisition – fall 2020
- Complete final design – 2021
- Begin construction - 2022
This project is Segment I of the I-10 from SH 71 to FM 2761 project and Segment I includes the FM 2761 to US 90 (Alleyton Road South) project limits.