Public Meeting - I-10 from SH 71 to FM 2761
Columbus High School - Cafeteria
103 Cardinal Lane
Columbus, TX 78934 (Map)
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Open House: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of this public meeting is to gather public input regarding the proposed improvements to I-10 from SH 71 to FM 2761 in Colorado County, Texas. Meeting will be an open house format with no formal presentation. Attendees may come and go at their convenience.
The proposed improvements include:
- Widen from 4 to 6 main lanes
- Proposed lanes would consist of three 12-foot main lanes in each direction with 12-foot outside and inside shoulders
- Convert 2-lane, 2-way frontage roads to 2-lane, 1-way frontage roads
- Replace existing grassy median and cable divider with single slope concrete barrier median divider
- Reconstruct and realign the Colorado River bridge
Special accommodations: TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The open house will be in English. If you have special communication accommodations, need an interpreter, or if you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. Please call (361) 293-4436 at least two business days before the public meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Comments must be received or postmarked by October 9, 2018 to be included in the Open House Summary.
TxDOT Yoakum District Office
403 Huck St.
Posted Sept. 4, 2018