FM 60 at the Union Pacific Railroad Bridge - Burleson County
TxDOT is proposing improvements to a 0.4-mile segment of FM 60, from FM 111 to approximately 0.1-miles northwest of the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) Bridge in Deanville, Burleson County, Texas. The purpose of this project is to improve the alignment, horizontal clearance, and vertical clearance; widen the roadway to increase mobility; and upgrade to current roadway design standards. Union Pacific Railroad is planning to replace their bridge at this location beginning in 2023 prior to TxDOT's project.
- Project addresses current narrow and low clearance
- Existing FM 60 project area consists of two 11-foot lanes (one in each direction) with 4-foot outside shoulders within an 80- to 100-foot right of way (ROW)
- FM 60 at UPRR is grade separated and FM 60 passes under UPRR with a 13-foot 4-inch clearance
- The UPRR bridge at FM 60 is a wood bridge with wood retaining walls
- FM 60 crosses under a high-volume freight railroad single main line owned and operated by UPRR
- Preferred Alternative:
- Widen FM 60 to two 12-foot lanes (one in each direction) with 10-foot shoulders
- Construct FM 60 under the UPRR
- Replace the wood retaining walls at the bridge with concrete retaining walls
- Construct retaining walls on the north and south side of FM 60
The proposed project alternative would require additional right-of-way and could potentially relocate/displace one residence.
The project is funded and expected to cost approximately $8 million. Once an alternative is approved, plans would be developed with an estimated letting date for Summer 2027 with construction beginning in the early part of 2028.