US 190 at Big Divide
The TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to convert the roadway on US 190, from a four-lane divided highway to a freeway section with frontage roads beginning 1.5 miles east of FM 2808 and ending at the Coryell County line in Lampasas County.
Proposed project benefits
- Improve safety by constructing grade separations at high-traffic intersections
- Improve the mobility of US 190 by upgrading the existing roadway to freeway standards
- Improve safety and access by constructing one-way frontage roads
The proposed US 190 project includes:
- Dividing the roadway with a 24-foot median and concrete barriers.
- Providing one-way frontage roads on each side of the highway.
- Constructing a grade separation (overpass) at Big Divide Road.
- Constructing a grade separation (overpass) at Great Hills Drive.
- The purpose of the project is to improve safety by constructing grade separations (overpasses) at high-traffic intersections and providing safer access by constructing one-way frontage roads, and improving mobility by adding service roads.
This project is subject to final design considerations and will require right of way. The required ROW is approximately 40 acres and will be determined during the final design.
- Estimated environmental clearance: fall 2024
- Finalize schematic design plans: fall 2024
- Right of way acquisition begins spring 2025
- Construction contract awarded upon approval: TBD
- Construction duration: TBD
Timelines are subject to change.