US 183 in Lampasas County
The TxDOT Brownwood District is proposing to widen the roadway on US 183, beginning just south of Lometa at US 190 and ending at US 281 in the city of Lampasas in Lampasas County.
Proposed project benefits
- Improve safety by reducing the slope of ditches, upgrading roadway and bridge guardrails, and improving culverts
- Improve the mobility of US 183 by adding an additional travel lane in each direction
The proposed US 183 widening project includes:
- Adding additional pavement width where necessary, for a total of four travel lanes, two in each direction
- Dividing the roadway with a flush median
- Adding a center-turn lane for making left-hand turning movements
- Improving shoulders and guardrails
- Improving drainage by upgrading culverts
- Reducing the slope (steepness) of ditches
This project is subject to final design considerations and will require right of way. Required ROW is not yet known and will be determined during final design.
- Estimated environmental clearance: Winter 2023
- Finalize construction plans: Spring 2024
- Right of way acquired and utilities relocated by Winter 2024
- Construction contract awarded upon approval: Spring/Summer 2025
- Construction duration: TBD
Timelines are subject to change.