Open House - I-45 from FM 1764 to Galveston Causeway Bridge
La Marque High School
397 Duroux Road
La Marque, TX 77568 (Map)
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of the public meeting is to gather public input on the proposed reconstruction and widening of I-45 from FM 1764 to North of the Galveston Causeway Bridge, in Galveston County, Texas. The meeting will be an open house format so citizens may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions.
Proposed improvements include the following:
- Reconstructing and widening the existing six-lane interstate to an eight-lane interstate
- Reconstructing frontage roads
- Constructing detention ponds
- Constructing bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
The purpose of the proposed project would be to accommodate future traffic, reduce congestion, improve hurricane evacuation, and improve safety. Approximately 19.7 additional acres of right of way would be required, resulting in three potential commercial displacements
Special accommodations: If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. Please call the public information officer at (713) 802-5076 at least five working days prior to the meeting. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by the Federal Highway Administration and TxDOT.
- Notice (Español)
- Project Location Map
- Schematic - FM 1764 to Duroux Road
- Schematic - Duroux Road to South of Bayou Road
- Schematic - South of Bayou Road to South of SH 146
- Schematic - South of SH 146 to North to Galveston Causeway
- Schematic - I-45, SH 146 and SH 6 Intersection
- Public Meeting Summary
Reference the following project numbers: 0500-04-103
TxDOT Houston District Public Information Office
Posted May 16, 2017