Public Meeting - FM 529 from Grand Parkway (SH 99) to FM 362
Patricia E. Paetow High School, 9th Grade Cafeteria
23111 Stockdick School Road
Katy, TX 77493 (Map)
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
TxDOT will host a public meeting regarding the proposed proposed roadway widening along FM 529 from the Grand Parkway (SH 99) to FM 362 in Harris and Waller Counties, Texas. The meeting will be an open house format so the public may come and go at their convenience, and staff will be available to answer questions. Comments must be received on or before Wednesday, May 15, 2019, to be a part of the official meeting record.
The proposed improvements include the following:
- Widen the existing FM 529 from a two-lane roadway to a six-lane roadway with an 18-foot raised median between SH 99 and Katy Hockley Cut Off Road
- Widen the existing FM 529 from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane roadway with an 18-foot raised median between Katy Hockley Cut Off Rod to FM 362
- Add 12-foot outside shoulders
- Add sidewalks to both sides of the roadway from SH 99 to FM 362
- Provide turn lanes at intersections and median openings at specified locations
The proposed right of way would be approximately 180 feet.
The public meeting will be conducted in English. Persons who have special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to contact TxDOT’s Public Information Offices at (713) 802-5076. Requests should be made at least five working days prior to the public meeting. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Reference the following project numbers: 0912-72-564, 0912-31-319 and 1006-01-079
TxDOT Houston District
Public Information Office
Posted: April 5, 2019