POSTPONED - Online Public Hearing and Notice of Draft Environmental Assessment - 10/69 Interchanges Project
Online Public Hearing - POSTPONED
*This public hearing has been postponed until further notice.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 (original online public hearing date)
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we will be postponing this online public hearing until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused. Please visit the I-10 project page for more information.
The proposed reconstruction and widening of I-10 from Walden Road (CR 131) to 7th Street and US 69 from Fannett Road (SH 124) to 11th Street in Jefferson County, Texas, includes the following proposed improvements:
- Widening I-10 from Walden Road (CR131) to 7th Street and widening US 69 from Fannett Road (SH 124) to 11th Street
- Widening I-10 in each direction from four to five lanes between Cardinal Drive and Eastex Freeway interchanges
- Widening roadway approaches to the Cardinal Drive and Eastex Freeway interchanges on I-10 and US 69 would be widened in each direction from two lanes to three lanes
- Adding new frontage roads for continuity, relocating I-10 ramps, and constructing two-lane direct connectors (flyovers) in each direction where I-10 and US 69 converge
- Removing the Maury Meyers Bridge (Liberty/Laurel overpass) to address a height constraint for freight movements
- Upgrading drainage to meet current design standards
The total project length is approximately 5 miles. The existing right of way (ROW) at the Eastex Freeway interchange varies from approximately 250 feet to 350 feet. Existing ROW at the Cardinal interchange varies from approximately 290 feet to 450 feet.
Approximately 11 acres of additional ROW is anticipated as part of the proposed project, mostly within the Eastex Freeway interchange, including potential easements or ROW for drainage. The ROW would remain unchanged at the Cardinal Drive interchange, but the ROW at the Eastex Freeway interchange is proposed to increase approximately 250 feet at its widest part. The proposed project would displace 41 commercial businesses and one government office within 12 commercial properties. No residential displacements are anticipated. Please review the landowner's rights publications, which contains more information about the TxDOT Relocation Assistance Program concerning services and benefits for displaced persons and businesses if needed.
TxDOT makes every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of the public. The public hearing video presentation will be in English, if you have a special communication accommodation or need for an interpreter, a request can be made. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can also be made to accommodate most needs. Requests should be made at least two business days prior to March 24, 2020 by calling (409) 898-5745. Please be aware that advance notice is requested as some accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708
Posted: March 6, 2020