10/69 Interchanges Project
The Texas Department of Transportation Beaumont District is proposing to reconstruct and expand I-10 and US 69 where they converge in Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas, as part of the 10/69 Interchanges Project (formerly known as the I-10/US 69 Interchange Improvement Project).
The proposed project is anticipated to improve mobility, reduce congestion and also improve emergency evacuation.
Between the Cardinal Drive and Eastex Freeway interchanges, the roadway would be widened in each direction from four lanes to five lanes. The roadway approaches to the Cardinal Drive and Eastex Freeway interchanges on I-10 and US 69 would be widened in each direction from two lanes to three lanes. The project also includes new frontage roads for continuity throughout the project limits, relocating I-10 ramps, and constructing two-lane direct connectors in each direction where I-10 and US 69 converge. In addition, the project includes removing the Maury Meyers Bridge (Liberty/Laurel Overpass) to address a height constraint for freight and includes upgrading drainage to meet current design standards. The project would improve mobility, reduce congestion and also improve emergency evacuation.
The project area includes existing right of way (ROW) of I-10 and US 69. Existing ROW at the Eastex Freeway interchange varies from approximately 250 feet to 350 feet. Existing ROW at the Cardinal interchange varies from approximately 290 feet to 450 feet. Approximately 11 acres of additional right of way is anticipated as part of the proposed project, including potential easements or right of way for drainage. This project is addressing an existing roadway; no new location or new alignment is anticipated. Please review the landowner's rights publications, which contains more information about the TxDOT Relocation Assistance Program concerning services and benefits for displaced persons and businesses if needed.
- Aug. 12, 2020 - Notice of Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) and Final Environmental Assessment
- April 28, 2020 - Virtual Public Hearing and Notice of Draft Environmental Assessment
- March 24, 2020 – POSTPONED - Online Public Hearing/Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment
- April 16, 2019 - Open House
- Sept. 17, 2019 - Open House
- Informational Exhibits
- Environmental Constraints Map
- 10/69 Interchanges Schematic from I-10 Walden Road to Washington Boulevard
- 10/69 Interchanges Schematic from I-10 Washington Boulevard to Liberty Avenue
- 10/69 Interchanges Schematic from Liberty Avenue to 7th Street
- 10/69 Interchanges Schematic – Liberty/Laurel Options
TxDOT Beaumont District
8350 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708