I-10 From FM 2434 to US 90 (Alleyton Road South)
The TxDOT Yoakum district is proposing to reconstruct and widen the existing I-10 roadway from FM 2434 to US 90 (Alleyton Road South), in Colorado County, Texas.
The existing roadway consists of a four-lane facility with two-lane, two-way frontage roads. The median is a flush grassy median with a cable barrier system.
- Widen from 4 to 6 main lanes
- Proposed lanes would consist of three 12-foot main lanes in each direction with 12-foot outside and inside shoulders
- Convert 2-lane, 2-way frontage roads to 2-lane, 1-way frontage roads
- Replace existing grassy median and cable divider with single slope concrete barrier median divider
- Construct new bridge on new alignment over the Colorado River
The proposed project would require approximately 84.54 acres of additional ROW and would potentially result in the displacement of four ancillary structures and three non-residential structures. No residential displacements are anticipated.
- Draft Environmental Assessment
- Public Hearing
- Environmental Decision
- Begin Right-Of-Way Acquisition
- Complete Final Design
- Begin Construction
This project is Segment II of the I-10 from SH 71 to FM 2761 project and Segment II includes the US 90 (Alleyton Road South) to SH 71 in Columbus project limits.
- Public Meeting - Sept. 25, 2018
- Virutal Public Hearing - Sept. 21, 2021 with in-person option on Sept. 23, 2021
Reference the following project number: CSJs: 0271-01-083, 0535-08-072, 0027-01-045 and 0266-02-068
TxDOT Yoakum District
403 Huck St.
Yoakum, TX 77995