FM 756 from Jeff Davis Drive south to FM 344
TxDOT is developing preliminary plans for the expansion of FM 756 from Jeff Davis Drive, south to FM 344. The scope of work includes widening the existing two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided highway with a continuous left-turn lane. Proposed improvements also include a grade-separated interchange at the intersection of FM 346.
- Widening from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane highway with flush medians
- Redesigning roadway's alignments to meet current design standards
- Constructing a grade-separated interchange (overpass and ramps) at FM 346. The current proposal shows FM 756 bridging over FM 346.
This project will require the acquisition of new right of way from adjacent property owners.
To date, the following outreach has occurred:
- TxDOT issued a Finding of No Significant Impact and Final Environmental Assessment on Jan. 21, 2022.
- TxDOT presented the draft EA and the recommended design alternative for public comment at the public hearing on July 15, 2021.
- TxDOT presented the preferred alternative for public comment on June 25, 2019, at the second public meeting.
- TxDOT presented three design alternatives for public comment on Jan. 15, 2019, at the first public meeting.
The project is expected to be constructed in three phases. Phase 1 extends from Jeff Davis Drive south to FM 346. Phase 2 extends from FM 346 south to FM 344 in the city of Bullard. Phase 3 involves the construction of an overpass and ramps at FM 346 and FM 756.
Next steps include:
- Right-of-Way Acquisition - Fall 2022 (tentatively)
- Phase 1 construction is funded in 2024, based on current financial forecasts
- Construction funding for Phases 2 and 3 has not yet been identified
- Final Environmental Assessment
- Project Location Map
- Animated Fly-Through
- Landowner's Rights Publications
TxDOT Tyler District
Attention: Advanced Project Development Office
2709 West Front St.
Tyler, TX 75702